Thursday 9 December 2010

Fiji: The End of Term

It's now hit December and school term finishes this Friday, after that I have my last week in Fiji before flying out from Nadi on the 13th December and arriving back in the UK on the 14th!

The last week has been completely crazy and busy! The joint Viro and Rukuruku Guide Camp went off, my library is finished and the school has been dolled up for prize giving and we're having a school picnic at a beach tomorrow! On Friday I'm going to a Fijian wedding the village (all the teachers were invited so the school is closing on Friday) and I've had a new sulu jamba (Fijian dress) made for the occasion!

Don't have time to write a long report on the guide camp (there's a lot to say, and stress wise from a teacher's point of view, I'm glad it's over!! It was a blast though!) as I want to get back to Fiji life, I'll elaborate on this post once I'm back in the UK :(

The pictures are of my girls swimming in the river after playing volleyball, the Rukuruku school girls going back to their village on a fibre boat through the mangroves after the camp (with their Lattitude volunteer teacher, Miss Kiarah), the camp programme (!) and a few pictures of my FINISHED LIBRARY!!! :D

The two last pictures are from when another volunteer and I went to Suva (the capital of Fiji). We went to visit another volunteer there who's working in the Hilton School Early Intervention Centre. It was really eye opening to see another, such different placement and we help out in the morning we were there. The Special School was a really beautiful, happy place and I absolutely loved the kids there!

Just a quick set of photos and info.... will write more when I'm in Nadi (!)

Moce!

No comments:

Post a Comment